It looks like nothing was found here. Maybe try a search?
Modern confectionery products can safely be called a miracle. They give not only gustatory but also aesthetic pleasure, delighting us with unusual and extravagant, original or classic decorations. And in theory any housewife in her home kitchen can cope with the creation of such a masterpiece. Is it so? And what do you need to have on hand to create a truly beautiful cake?
Baking: the beginning of a long journey
The range of baking products available to every housewife today is vast. This means that you can choose any of the variety of possible fillings for your cake. But keep in mind that you will need the following obligatory kitchen accessories for its preparation:
- Measuring spoons and cups will help you not to make a mistake with the amount of each ingredient in the dough.
- Pastry chefs advise sifting all loose ingredients except sugar (flour, starch, cocoa, baking soda, etc.). This makes the dough lush.
- A pastry cutter is indispensable when making a puff pastry or shortcrust cake.
- Baking molds. The classic round, square, heart and star-shaped: you can never have too many of these. For creating 3D cakes or making an unusually shaped dessert, it’s better to use silicone ones. Classic biscuits and cakes, for which liquid dough is used, are easiest to bake in split metal ones. And to create a tiered cake will need several identical forms of different sizes (they are more advantageous to buy a set).
- A measuring silicone napkin will come in handy for those who need to quickly roll out the cakes of the desired diameter. You can bake directly on it. The dough won’t stick or stick while baking.
- Spatulas for the cakes. With their help you will be able to remove the cake from the baking tray or separate it from the parchment without breaking.
- Refrigerating rack. To ensure that the cakes do not dry out on one side and lose flavor, they must always cool on a rack. This point is especially important for biscuits.
- A pastry string will help you quickly cut the cake into several equal layers of the desired thickness. You can also use a biscuit cutter for the same purpose.
- A peeler and a citrus press. In the preparation of some types of cakes use natural freshly squeezed juice and peel. This gives an amazing aroma and interesting flavor accents to the baked goods.
- Kitchen thermometer. It can be regular or non-contact. Indispensable for some kinds of fillings.
You may already have some of the tools in your kitchen. The rest should be purchased.
Assembling the cake
And now your cakes are ready, the cream for the layer is waiting for its turn in the refrigerator. Begin assembling the cake. To do this, you need to get hold of some silicone brushes and other baking equipment from reviews and ratings:
- Silicone brushes. They are used to soak the cakes in syrup. You can do it with a spoon, but then the syrup will not be uniform.
- A mold for assembling (ring).
- It is better to buy a set. At this stage you will need a metal spatula of length corresponding to the diameter of your cakes. It is with it you will apply the elastic cream. It would seem that you can do it with a good old spoon. But only a spatula will guarantee that the layer of cream will be even, and after assembling your dessert will not resemble the Tower of Pisa.
- The creative phase: decorating and embellishing
If you intend to make not just a cake filled with icing or cream, but something more interesting with baking appliances, you will definitely be faced with the need to buy special tools for decorating. You can avoid unnecessary purchases if you choose a way of decorating in advance and have a sketch. So you will understand what kind of tools and equipment in baking you will need.